We are always looking for volunteers to help put food in the hands of children and families through the Love Pantry!
Basic duties: Pick up bundled food inventory at the Second Harvest Food Bank warehouse and deliver items to schools using your personal vehicle.
Warehouse location & hours:
411 Mercy Drive, Orlando, FL 32805
7 a.m.–1:45 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and closed for lunch between 12 p.m.–1 p.m.
- Be able to pick up 40 lbs. of food/pantry items
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle
- Be eligible and get approved as an Orange County Public Schools ADDitions School Volunteer and/or Seminole County Public Schools Dividends School Volunteer
- For information on the ADDitions/Volunteer application process, visit the OCPS website: https://ocps.samaritan.com/custom/503/
- For information on the Dividends/Volunteer application process, visit the SCPS website: https://www.scps.k12.fl.us/district/departments/community-involvement/dividends-volunteer-programs.stml
Position reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Position hours: Mornings during the early part of the work week (mainly Tuesdays and Wednesdays) within school operating hours and warehouse hours. Contact the Love Pantry Volunteer Coordinator to sign up or make arrangements to get involved.