We are always looking for volunteers to help put food in the hands of children and families through the Love Pantry!
Basic duties: Pick up bundled food inventory at the Second Harvest Food Bank warehouse and deliver items to schools using your personal vehicle.
Warehouse location & hours:
411 Mercy Drive, Orlando, FL 32805
7 a.m.–1:45 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and closed for lunch between 12 p.m.–1 p.m.
- Be able to pick up 40 lbs. of food/pantry items
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle
- Be eligible and get approved as an Orange County Public Schools ADDitions School Volunteer and/or Seminole County Public Schools Dividends School Volunteer
- For information on the ADDitions/Volunteer application process, visit the OCPS website: https://ocps.samaritan.com/custom/503/
- For information on the Dividends/Volunteer application process, visit the SCPS website: https://www.scps.k12.fl.us/district/departments/community-involvement/dividends-volunteer-programs.stml
Position reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Position hours: Mornings during the early part of the work week (mainly Tuesdays and Wednesdays) within school operating hours and warehouse hours. Contact the Love Pantry Volunteer Coordinator to make arrangements.